Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Another day...rain

I always enjoy a ride in the rain. My Buzz came with fenders so I don't worry about a stripe or getting too wet from the wheels. My lightweight jacket is one I tested for a current REI lightweight bike rain jacket. Mine has a few differences, and it's fun to use...I guess I'm still testing it out.

I missed posting yesterday so the 2-day total is about 18 miles. I ran over to the new Sunflower market that just opened about 2 blocks from my work. The bike rack was covered with a banner sign so I set my bike in front of the store.

I'm borrowing a car to go camping this weekend. It feels funny to have to use a car, but I'm glad I don't have to rent one. It will be good to get back to just bike in a few days. I already hate traffic again.

Take a look at the 3K commuter posted on Bike Hugger. Pretty cool...I'm not ready to drop even a grand on a commuter bike, but in the long run I think it's still a better deal than a car. Gas alone could cost upwards of 2K in a year driving a compact SUV or the like. Bike is still better if you can make it work.

No comments: