Sunday, August 3, 2008

Second Week

So I have began my second week of bike commuting. The Denver area stays pretty hot this time of year and I am looking forward to the fall. Winter, on the other hand, should prove interesting for commuting.

I keep looking around for commuting related blogs and websites. There are quite a few, but I am also surprised there are not more...I'm sure that will continue to change as people look for alternatives to expensive fuel.

The Buzz V still works well and is solid. My water does get very warm during the 4-mile-ride especially on my late shifts when I bike at noon or 1. I'm thinking about getting one or two of those Polar insulated bottles. Hopefully my water will still be cool enough to do more than just wet my whistle.

I'm also looking into some brighter lights. A few streets around here do not have many street lights and can be very dark when I am riding at night. I have a few red flashers and one front white light that flashes, but the steady beam does not really cast enough light. I'm not sure what I need, but I don't know if I want to spend over $100 on some super-bright light when it would be overkill. I've looked at a couple from Planet Bike that are standard AA battery powered, but not sure on the length of time. I've still got some research to do.

Meanwhile I'm racking by brain on finding something more I can do with bike commuting or the like. Not sure what all that will look like, but I feel I'm just on the tip of the proverbial iceberg on this matter. I really enjoy commuting by bike and would like it to be more...I'll know it when I see it or something like that.

9 more miles tonight. I think that puts me at 66...my calculations may be a little off since I did not have my cyclometer for the whole week. Oh well...if I can ride over 60 miles each week I'll be happy.

No comments: